The Social Democratic Party, SDP, has distanced itself and the national leadership of the Party from the so-called NEC meeting being called by Probity Law Firm for Friday, 25 July 2025 in Abuja.
This was contained in a statement signed by the National Secretary of the SDP, Dr. Olu Agunloye in Abuja.
“This is to let members of the National Executive Committee, NEC of our great Party (SDP) know that the National Working Committee (NWC) at its meeting held today, Thursday July 24, 2025, passed a resolution, dissociating itself and the national leadership of the Party from the so-called NEC meeting being called by Probity Law Firm for Friday, 25 July 2025 in Abuja”
According to the statement, the NWC urges all elected federal and state legislators, Zonal Officers and State Chairmen, to disregard this illegal and irregular “NEC meeting.
“When NWC traced this ‘NEC’ illegality to Messrs Bissallah, Modibbo, and Ekpeyong, it invited them to show them how proper NEC meetings are conducted and told them that their actions were not only improper but also unconstitutional”
“Thereafter, they were categorically directed to discontinue their plans for this illegal meeting” he stresses.
In spite of the fact that INEC completely dishonoured the illegal “NEC meeting”, 13 State Chairmen had already sent sworn affidavits, as of 23/7/25, through various lawyers to the INEC Chairman to dissociate themselves from the Bissallah-Modibbo NEC Call, claiming their signatures were misappropriated and improperly used”
The statement says the NWC enjoins all State Chairmen to be properly guided and not be lured into a trap to avoid sanctions for breach of the SDP Constitution.




























































