The Administrator, Office of Edo State First Lady, Mrs. Edesili Anani says justice will be served for a twelve-year-old girl, Miss Esther Friday, who was allegedly gang-rapped by five men on Christmas Eve, last year.
Speaking during a visit to Miss Esther at the Diasy Ehainere Danjuma Centre, Mrs Anani vowed that the perpetrators would face the full wrath of the law, in accordance with provisions of the Violence Against Persons Prohibition VAPP Law.
She explained that the Edo State Government would leave no stone unturned in ensuring these perpetrators were brought to book.
“Section 4 of the VAP Law defines rape, while Section 5 outlines the punishment. EDO State has zero tolerance for any form of violence, and we are standing firmly with the victim” she noted.
Mrs. Anani condemned the perpetrators, who reportedly filmed the act and circulated the video on social media, adding that the evidence strengthens the case against them.
She further commended the Okuokpellagbe of Okpella, His Royal Highness, Lukeman Akemokue and his wife, Blessing for their swift action in bringing the case to light and ensured that both the victim and her mother were relocated to Benin City for safety and medical care due to threats against their lives.
On his part, the Okuokpellagbe of Okpella, Akemokue, thanked the Executive Governor of Edo State, Senator Monday Okpebholo and the office of the First Lady for a fantastic job of being proactive, noting that Okpella community will continue to support the administration.
Mrs Anani was also at the Edo State Police Headquarters with the victim and other stakeholders.
She commended the Police for responding promptly and appealed that the little girl gets justice.
In his response, the Edo State Commissioner of Police, CP. Umoru Ozigi appreciated Mrs Anani for the visit, assuring that miss Esther Friday would get justice.
He said that three persons are currently in police custody in connection with the crime.




























































